Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Visitor Calls .





.


As I was clearing up the front garden this visitor 
came a calling he stayed about an hour or so and 
when i broke the soil he helped himself 
 to whatever he found.

A capitalist Robin no doubt taking the fruits 
of others labour and keeping all the
 rewards for himself and giving nothing
to he who toiled on the land.

He stayed flitting back and forth and then 
he was gone.

Now compare and contrast
with tris and conan
tris would show pics of strange creatures from
distant lands and people of whom we know little.
conan would have seen the Robin. fetched  his gun and
filled it with lead shot then made a Robin pie 
and ate him or gave his corpse to his
 stinky vicious dugs.

Whilst I the mad evil Labourite
shared the moment and then it was gone...


Love is all .


O stay, sweet warbling woodlark, stay,
Nor quit for me the trembling spray,
A hapless lover courts thy lay,
Thy soothing, fond complaining.
Again, again that tender part,
That I may catch thy melting art;
For surely that wad touch her heart
Wha kills me wi' disdaining.
Say, was thy little mate unkind,
And heard thee as the careless wind?
Oh, nocht but love and sorrow join'd,
Sic notes o' woe could wauken!
Thou tells o' never-ending care;
O'speechless grief, and dark despair:
For pity's sake, sweet bird, nae mair!
Or my poor heart is broken.

maybe not a Robin but it will do
at a pinch .

11 comments:

  1. I've got a robin too. He too is a robin who lives off the fruit of MY labour. He waits on the branch of a tree watching to make sure I work hard. Then he'sin there for anything he can grub up.

    He also likes me to buy dried meal worms and sultanas for him. Not currants or raisins....sultanas.

    Oh yes, one very particular robin.

    And I'll feed him all winter and make sure he has water too, and in spring time, there will suddenly be Mrs Robbie, then I'll have to work even harder to supply enough food for a family... then one day, sans dire un seul mot, he and his family will disappear, without a word of thanks.

    Typical Tory. Confused about the red breast though. You'd expect that of a blue tit.

    Still, would I be without him?

    Not ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not enough meat in one of those vicious, territorial, wee sods to worth bothering about. Have them on your Christmas cards all you like.

    You having turkey for Christmas by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ7oYCx6tBw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That birds moved in to my garden.

      Delete
  4. Nah, I don't do Christmas, Conan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In January I will be traveling to Greece as part of a small to semi-small group (Note 1). What would you recommend us to order if we venture into a local "taverna" (Ohlay signor, vi spika da lingo already). Thank you for your recommendations.

    Note 1. By replying to this query, you undertake to cast no doubts and draw no inferences about our "mixed" group, nor to repeat or publicize said doubts and inferences, should any arise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can me and my friend William join you for a bit of an ooh la la in the pretty as a picture sunlight. Oh, go on say we may.

      Delete
    2. Ooh Sebby, you're a caution and no mistake! Naughty as ninepence!

      Delete
  6. Keo should do the trick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I apologise for the delay in replying but have been in communicardo since my gender reassignation.

    ReplyDelete